[VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

Gianugo Rabellino-2
Further to lack of volunteering on the headsup given to the XIndice
mailing lists (http://s.apache.org/xindice-attic-thread), and with two
existing committers in agreement on moving the project to the Attic,
here is an official vote to make it happen.

This vote will be open for 72 hours from now. Everyone is welcome to
chime in, but the only binding votes will be from the XML PMC members,
and I'm asking to keep the XIndice mailing list in the loop.

Please cast your vote as follows:

[+1] Move XIndice to the Attic

[ 0] I don't really care

[-1] No, don't move it to the Attic and I volunteer to find an
alternate solution

Here is my +1.

--
Gianugo Rabellino - gianugo at rabellino dot it
Blog: http://boldlyopen.com

Re: [VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

Gareth Reakes-6

+1

Gareth

On 12 Aug 2011, at 18:23, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

Further to lack of volunteering on the headsup given to the XIndice
mailing lists (http://s.apache.org/xindice-attic-thread), and with two
existing committers in agreement on moving the project to the Attic,
here is an official vote to make it happen.

This vote will be open for 72 hours from now. Everyone is welcome to
chime in, but the only binding votes will be from the XML PMC members,
and I'm asking to keep the XIndice mailing list in the loop.

Please cast your vote as follows:

[+1] Move XIndice to the Attic

[ 0] I don't really care

[-1] No, don't move it to the Attic and I volunteer to find an
alternate solution

Here is my +1.

--
Gianugo Rabellino - gianugo at rabellino dot it
Blog: http://boldlyopen.com

Gareth Reakes, CTO         WE7 - Great Music, Free
+44-20-7117-0809                    http://www.we7.com

“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. “
- Hunter S. Thompson

RE: [VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

Chapman, Carol
+1

Further to lack of volunteering on the headsup given to the XIndice
mailing lists (http://s.apache.org/xindice-attic-thread), and with two
existing committers in agreement on moving the project to the Attic,
here is an official vote to make it happen.

This vote will be open for 72 hours from now. Everyone is welcome to
chime in, but the only binding votes will be from the XML PMC members,
and I'm asking to keep the XIndice mailing list in the loop.

Please cast your vote as follows:

[+1] Move XIndice to the Attic

[ 0] I don't really care

[-1] No, don't move it to the Attic and I volunteer to find an
alternate solution

Here is my +1.

--
Gianugo Rabellino - gianugo at rabellino dot it
Blog: http://boldlyopen.com

Confidentiality: This transmission, including any attachments, is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission, including any attachments, for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited.  Unauthorized interception of this email is a violation of federal criminal law.  If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.

Re: [VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

Natalia Shilenkova
0

I don't mind spending some time on Xindice if it is decided to keep the project active.

Thanks,
Natalia

On Aug 12, 2011, at 1:23 PM, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Further to lack of volunteering on the headsup given to the XIndice
> mailing lists (http://s.apache.org/xindice-attic-thread), and with two
> existing committers in agreement on moving the project to the Attic,
> here is an official vote to make it happen.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours from now. Everyone is welcome to
> chime in, but the only binding votes will be from the XML PMC members,
> and I'm asking to keep the XIndice mailing list in the loop.
>
> Please cast your vote as follows:
>
> [+1] Move XIndice to the Attic
>
> [ 0] I don't really care
>
> [-1] No, don't move it to the Attic and I volunteer to find an
> alternate solution
>

> Here is my +1.
>
> --
> Gianugo Rabellino - gianugo at rabellino dot it
> Blog: http://boldlyopen.com

Re: [VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

Shane Curcuru-2
+1 to boxing Xindice into the Attic.

The code is still available, so if a healthy and diverse community does
appear we can always incubate a new project for it.

- Shane

On 8/12/2011 1:23 PM, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Further to lack of volunteering on the headsup given to the XIndice
> mailing lists (http://s.apache.org/xindice-attic-thread), and with two
> existing committers in agreement on moving the project to the Attic,
> here is an official vote to make it happen.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours from now. Everyone is welcome to
> chime in, but the only binding votes will be from the XML PMC members,
> and I'm asking to keep the XIndice mailing list in the loop.
>
> Please cast your vote as follows:
>
> [+1] Move XIndice to the Attic
>
> [ 0] I don't really care
>
> [-1] No, don't move it to the Attic and I volunteer to find an
> alternate solution
>

> Here is my +1.

[VOTE][RESULT] Move XIndice to the Attic

Gianugo Rabellino-4
Thanks to the last minute vote from Shane we were able to gather the
missing +1 to move XIndice to the Attic. The vote passes with 3
binding +1 (Gianugo, Gareth and Shane), 3 non-binding +1 (Carol, Mark,
Catherine) and a non-binding +0 (Natalia).

Thanks for the participation. The move will start in the next few days.

--

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Gianugo Rabellino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Further to lack of volunteering on the headsup given to the XIndice
> mailing lists (http://s.apache.org/xindice-attic-thread), and with two
> existing committers in agreement on moving the project to the Attic,
> here is an official vote to make it happen.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours from now. Everyone is welcome to
> chime in, but the only binding votes will be from the XML PMC members,
> and I'm asking to keep the XIndice mailing list in the loop.
>
> Please cast your vote as follows:
>
> [+1] Move XIndice to the Attic
>
> [ 0] I don't really care
>
> [-1] No, don't move it to the Attic and I volunteer to find an
> alternate solution
>

> Here is my +1.
>
> --
> Gianugo Rabellino - gianugo at rabellino dot it
> Blog: http://boldlyopen.com

Re: [VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

Henri Yandell-3
Once that's done, is it time to move xml.apache.org to the Attic and
close down the PMC?

You've just beaten Jakarta; BSF's moving into Commons which leaves
JMeter as the last, most likely TLP-bound, subproject.

Hen

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Gianugo Rabellino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Further to lack of volunteering on the headsup given to the XIndice
> mailing lists (http://s.apache.org/xindice-attic-thread), and with two
> existing committers in agreement on moving the project to the Attic,
> here is an official vote to make it happen.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours from now. Everyone is welcome to
> chime in, but the only binding votes will be from the XML PMC members,
> and I'm asking to keep the XIndice mailing list in the loop.
>
> Please cast your vote as follows:
>
> [+1] Move XIndice to the Attic
>
> [ 0] I don't really care
>
> [-1] No, don't move it to the Attic and I volunteer to find an
> alternate solution
>

> Here is my +1.
>
> --
> Gianugo Rabellino - gianugo at rabellino dot it
> Blog: http://boldlyopen.com

Re: [VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

Michael Glavassevich-3

I thought the board report [1] Gianugo posted to the list covered that.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/egh4l2pmbniyogbj

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: [hidden email]

E-mail: [hidden email]

hen

Re: [VOTE] Move XIndice to the Attic

hen
Thanks.

That'll be me not being on general@xml. :)

My suggestion is that the xml.apache.org site is rewritten to be
historical, then moved over to be under the Attic (post the board
resolution to dissolve the TLP -
https://attic.apache.org/resolution.html).

Hen