System.out message from Reference object

System.out message from Reference object

Lucas, Mike
System.out message from Reference object

Hello,
Every time I do a signature verification I get a line like the following printed out to the System.out console:

I org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference  Verification successful for URI "#_407a293d-4517-0f78-9e5a-3f0180b22d51"

This is fine in DEV environments but when we go to production we'd prefer not to have these kinds of debug/info messages in the System.out. Is there a way to turn this off?

- Mike

RE: System.out message from Reference object

Lucas, Mike
Message
I should have mentioned, this is with XML Security for Java, version 1.4.1
Every time I do a signature verification I get a line like the following printed out to the System.out console:

I org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference  Verification successful for URI "#_407a293d-4517-0f78-9e5a-3f0180b22d51"

This is fine in DEV environments but when we go to production we'd prefer not to have these kinds of debug/info messages in the System.out. Is there a way to turn this off?

- Mike

Re: System.out message from Reference object

sean.mullan
Lucas, Mike wrote:

> I should have mentioned, this is with XML Security for Java, version 1.4.1

This is a loggging message. The exact code that is emitting this is in
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference:

log.info("Verification successful for URI \"" + this.getURI() + "\"");

I'm inclined to remove this from the code as I think this logging
message is not useful, but you must have configured logging to emit info
messages to the console or system output. You should be able to disable
this and the message will go away.

--Sean

Re: System.out message from Reference object

J Marshall-2
If you've written your own Resolver, that message may still have some use.

But maybe INFO isn't the appropriate level.  DEBUG might be more accurate.

- Jason

Re: System.out message from Reference object

manjeshk
HI,

Please help me how to disable the below logging in the project

log.info("Verification successful for URI \"" + this.getURI() + "\"");