Some more JNI questions

Berin Lautenbach
Werner et al.

Was doing some thinking about initialisation last night.

Is it a requirement that each class separately call
"System.LoadLibrary()" or might it be possible to do this once in
JuiCEProviderOpenSSL?

My reason for asking is there are a couple of ways to test what
algorithms are available in OpenSSL (version dependant).  If we link to
the library for the provider initialisation, then unless each class
needs to do it separately we can remove the code for LoadLibrary from
each of the other classes.

Cheers,
        Berin

AW: Some more JNI questions

Dittmann, Werner
Berin,

this individual intialization has "historical" reasons
as I started with just one set of algorithms. Then using
"copy&paste" just brought it over to the other classes.

Yes, putting it in the JuiCEProviderOpenSSL would be a
good idea. Failing to load the lib or failing to for
some other reason would throw the exception at that point
and we can remove these checks from the individual
classes.

Regards,
Werner

Re: AW: Some more JNI questions

Berin Lautenbach
OK - That makes sense then.

So one other (I promise:>) question - can we move everything out of
srcNew and into src and delete the stuff in src?  (It's still in svn if
we want it).  Otherwise I'm just going to have to re-setup all the
project stuff when we do eventually do the move.

Cheers,
        Berin

Dittmann, Werner wrote:

> Berin,
>
> this individual intialization has "historical" reasons
> as I started with just one set of algorithms. Then using
> "copy&paste" just brought it over to the other classes.
>
> Yes, putting it in the JuiCEProviderOpenSSL would be a
> good idea. Failing to load the lib or failing to for
> some other reason would throw the exception at that point
> and we can remove these checks from the individual
> classes.
>
> Regards,
> Werner

AW: AW: Some more JNI questions

Dittmann, Werner
No problemns from my side. I just left the old source as
reference and fall back.

When you do it just give a short notice that I can modify
the autoconfig stuff (it's just one mod in a Makefile.am).

Regards,
Werner

Re: AW: AW: Some more JNI questions

Berin Lautenbach
Thank the lord for versioning.  After mucking it up completely I
eventually got the right code into src.  I've also updated Makefile.am,
buildNew.xml (including cleaning the ^Ms in the unix version) and
configure.ac in the appropriate directories to get it to work.  It now
seems to compile and test under *NIX.

I'll start doing the Win32 projects tomorrow night.

Cheers,
        Berin