Multi threading and xml

pa7751
Hi I have an xml file that has to be written by multiple threads running in parallel. How can we ensure that the structural integrity of the xml file i.e. many threads writing into the file can spoil the structure of the xml. One way is to make the write method synchronized, but that is a very high level approach with which only one thread may write at a time. So the other threads are ready with their data but cannot write until the lock is released. Is there a better way to do this?

Re: Multi threading and xml

Paul Libbrecht-4
How about using DOM/JDOM/XOM to assemble the fragments to memory then output them (with an outputter thread or after the things are done).

If this is really massive, you could try to output the threads to separate files then merge things?

paul

Sent from the Apache XML - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Sent from the Apache XML - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Multi threading and xml

pa7751
Suppose that there is a sudden power failure. In that case, some of the memory fragments will fail to write to file. Then again the xml structure could become inconsistent. How do we deal with this then?

Paul Libbrecht-4 wrote