Joining the Xalan project

Roger Leigh
Dear all,

I have a number of changes I'd like to get included in Xalan:

- Fixes to compile with Xalan-C 3.2.0
- CMake support to build with current systems (both Visual Studio and
Unix)
- Applying outstanding patches carried by most Linux/BSD/Mac
distributions which fix critical bugs

I've opened a JIRA ticket for the first, mentioned the second on the
list, and the latter are years old.  However, there has been zero
response to any of them as far as I can see.

If no one has time to handle these items, would it be possible to join
the project so that I can get involved in fixing them directly?  I've
already done all the Apache CLA stuff.

Thanks,
Roger

Re: Joining the Xalan project

Jean-frederic Clere-3
On 08/21/2017 10:31 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a number of changes I'd like to get included in Xalan:
>
> - Fixes to compile with Xalan-C 3.2.0
> - CMake support to build with current systems (both Visual Studio and Unix)
> - Applying outstanding patches carried by most Linux/BSD/Mac
> distributions which fix critical bugs
>
> I've opened a JIRA ticket for the first, mentioned the second on the
> list, and the latter are years old.  However, there has been zero
> response to any of them as far as I can see.
>
> If no one has time to handle these items, would it be possible to join
> the project so that I can get involved in fixing them directly?  I've
> already done all the Apache CLA stuff.

The project is quite dormant so be patient...
The JIRA is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-773 I suggest
you submit your other patches using JIRA.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

> Thanks,
> Roger

Re: Joining the Xalan project

Nicolas Grégoire
Hello!

> If no one has time to handle these items, would it be possible to
> join the project so that I can get involved in fixing them
> directly?  I've already done all the Apache CLA stuff.

Adding some active members to the project would be a good thing.
There's a few security-related bugs reported years ago and still not
patched, like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC-762

If the project gets active again, I'd be more than happy to report all
the security bugs I identified in xalan-c while fuzzing XSLT engines.

Regards,
Nicolas

On 20/09/2017 20:46, Michael Glavassevich wrote:
> Yes, the Xalan project (and Xerces too) very much needs more active
> developers. If folks are interested in contributing, I'm all for making
> that easier, adding them as committers so that they can make direct
> contributions. Both PMCs would also benefit from having more active
> people too.

I'd certainly like to join for the purpose of making the contributions
I've outlined previously in the list, if that would be a possibility.

Thanks,
Roger Leigh