Quantcast

Installation xerces

Patricia Garcia Pablos
Hi,

I'm trying to install xerces-c 3.0.1. I'm using Visual Studio 2005
Professional Edition. I have followed the steps of the installation:
- I've downloaded and decompressed the corresponding zip.
- I've added the <full-path-to-xerces>\bin directory to my path.
- I've also modified the properties of the project, which will use xerces,
adding in:
           Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories:
<full-path-to-xerces>\lib
           Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies: xerces-c_3D.lib (as
in the samples projects).
But it still doesn't work!!! And I don't have any idea why....

When I try to compile my project, I obtain the next error:
"Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: "xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp":
No such file or directory
d:\pablos\visualstudio\projects\testing\testing\testing.cpp".

I have read that this may mean that the header PlatformUtils.hpp is not
where it is suposed to be, but it is there!!

I followed the same steps in my laptop at home, and it worked. But on the
computer of my work, it doesn't work....

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!!

Patricia Garcia Pablos

Re: Installation xerces

Alberto Massari
Hi Patricia,
you have forgotten to add <full-path-to-xerces>\include to C/C++ ->
General -> Additional Include Directories.

Alberto

Patricia Garcia Pablos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install xerces-c 3.0.1. I'm using Visual Studio 2005
> Professional Edition. I have followed the steps of the installation:
> - I've downloaded and decompressed the corresponding zip.
> - I've added the <full-path-to-xerces>\bin directory to my path.
> - I've also modified the properties of the project, which will use xerces,
> adding in:
>            Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories:
> <full-path-to-xerces>\lib
>            Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies: xerces-c_3D.lib (as
> in the samples projects).
> But it still doesn't work!!! And I don't have any idea why....
>
> When I try to compile my project, I obtain the next error:
> "Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: "xercesc/util/PlatformUtils.hpp":
> No such file or directory
> d:\pablos\visualstudio\projects\testing\testing\testing.cpp".
>
> I have read that this may mean that the header PlatformUtils.hpp is not
> where it is suposed to be, but it is there!!
>
> I followed the same steps in my laptop at home, and it worked. But on the
> computer of my work, it doesn't work....
>
> Could you please help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Patricia Garcia Pablos

Re: Installation xerces

Patricia Garcia Pablos
Hi Alberto,

Thank you so much, for your help and for the quick answer!! Now it works....