How to parse xml

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to parse xml

pa7751
Hi

I have a requirement where i have a valid xml that I need to parse so that the elements of the xml can be made to behave in some manner. I need to know two things:

1. Which parser is best to use DOM, SAX etc.
2. Which parser library can I use. Here please note that my JRE can be 1.4 o 1.6. So my code should be compatible with these versions


Note that my xml may not be very big in size. It can have a maximum of 200 elements maybe
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to parse xml

Michael Glavassevich-3
Hi,

Did you do any research before asking your question? If you search mailing list archives or on sites like Stack Overflow [1] you'll find plenty of views on various approaches to processing XML and their pros/cons.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.stackoverflow.com

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: [hidden email]

E-mail: [hidden email]

pa7751 <[hidden email]> wrote on 09/10/2012 08:16:38 AM:

> Hi
>
> I have a requirement where i have a valid xml that I need to parse so that
> the elements of the xml can be made to behave in some manner. I need to know
> two things:
>
> 1. Which parser is best to use DOM, SAX etc.
> 2. Which parser library can I use. Here please note that my JRE can be 1.4 o
> 1.6. So my code should be compatible with these versions
>
>
> Note that my xml may not be very big in size. It can have a maximum of 200
> elements maybe
> --
> View this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-parse-
> xml-tp34531631p34531631.html
> Sent from the Apache XML - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to parse xml

pa7751
Hi

Actually I did, and so I got more and more confused, with so many options being talked about. So I want to know if JAXP can be used as such from jdk 1.4 to 1.6 or does that have to be integrated with some 3rd party parser?

Thanks

Michael Glavassevich-3 wrote
Hi,

Did you do any research before asking your question? If you search mailing
list archives or on sites like Stack Overflow [1] you'll find plenty of
views on various approaches to processing XML and their pros/cons.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.stackoverflow.com

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

pa7751 <pa7751@gmail.com> wrote on 09/10/2012 08:16:38 AM:

> Hi
>
> I have a requirement where i have a valid xml that I need to parse so
that
> the elements of the xml can be made to behave in some manner. I need to
know
> two things:
>
> 1. Which parser is best to use DOM, SAX etc.
> 2. Which parser library can I use. Here please note that my JRE can be
1.4 o
> 1.6. So my code should be compatible with these versions
>
>
> Note that my xml may not be very big in size. It can have a maximum of
200
> elements maybe
> --
> View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/How-to-parse-
> xml-tp34531631p34531631.html
> Sent from the Apache XML - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@xml.apache.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to parse xml

Michael Glavassevich-3
JAXP has been part of the platform since Java SE 1.4. You can rely on it.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: [hidden email]

E-mail: [hidden email]

pa7751 <[hidden email]> wrote on 10/10/2012 02:13:40 AM:

> Hi
>
> Actually I did, and so I got more and more confused, with so many options
> being talked about. So I want to know if JAXP can be used as such from jdk
> 1.4 to 1.6 or does that have to be integrated with some 3rd party parser?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Michael Glavassevich-3 wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did you do any research before asking your question? If you search mailing
> > list archives or on sites like Stack Overflow [1] you'll find plenty of
> > views on various approaches to processing XML and their pros/cons.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > [1]
http://www.stackoverflow.com
> >
> > Michael Glavassevich
> > XML Technologies and WAS Development
> > IBM Toronto Lab
> > E-mail: [hidden email]
> > E-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> > pa7751 <[hidden email]> wrote on 09/10/2012 08:16:38 AM:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I have a requirement where i have a valid xml that I need to parse so
> > that
> >> the elements of the xml can be made to behave in some manner. I need to
> > know
> >> two things:
> >>
> >> 1. Which parser is best to use DOM, SAX etc.
> >> 2. Which parser library can I use. Here please note that my JRE can be
> > 1.4 o
> >> 1.6. So my code should be compatible with these versions
> >>
> >>
> >> Note that my xml may not be very big in size. It can have a maximum of
> > 200
> >> elements maybe
> >> --
> >> View this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-parse-
> >> xml-tp34531631p34531631.html
> >> Sent from the Apache XML - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> >>
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
> --
> View this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-parse-
> xml-tp34531631p34535758.html
> Sent from the Apache XML - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]