Getting FOP emedded examples to work

Arjan Bokx
Hello everybody,

I have a question about getting the "embedded" examples of FOP 1.1 to work.
Is this the right place to ask?
(If not, please redirect me and disregard the following)

I've downloaded and installed fop 1.1
I've downloaded and installed Ant.
With Ant, I compiled the "embedded" examples.
"Ant example1" correctly runs ExampleFO2PDF.
What should I do to call ExampleFO2PDF from Java? Actually I wish to call it from Delphi, using JNI, but first things first.
"Java ExampleFO2PDF" gives:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ExampleFO2PDF (wrong name: embedding/ExampleFO2PDF)

When I add just about every path to the classpath with the command line option -cp, I get:
Error: Could not find or load main class ExampleFO2PDF.main

Could you help me please.

Regards,
Arjan Bokx

Re: Getting FOP emedded examples to work

Michael Glavassevich-3
Hello Arjan,

There is a FOP users mailing list [1]. You're more likely to get
assistance from the FOP community if you asked your question there.

Thanks.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/maillist.html#fop-user

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: [hidden email]
E-mail: [hidden email]

Arjan Bokx <[hidden email]> wrote on 31/12/2012 04:30:41 AM:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a question about getting the "embedded" examples of FOP 1.1 to
work.

> Is this the right place to ask?
> (If not, please redirect me and disregard the following)
>
> I've downloaded and installed fop 1.1
> I've downloaded and installed Ant.
> With Ant, I compiled the "embedded" examples.
> "Ant example1" correctly runs ExampleFO2PDF.
> What should I do to call ExampleFO2PDF from Java? Actually I wish to
> call it from Delphi, using JNI, but first things first.
> "Java ExampleFO2PDF" gives:
> ExampleFO2PDF (wrong name: embedding/ExampleFO2PDF)
>
> When I add just about every path to the classpath with the command
> line option -cp, I get:
> Error: Could not find or load main class ExampleFO2PDF.main
>
> Could you help me please.
>

> Regards,
> Arjan Bokx

RE: Getting FOP emedded examples to work

Arjan Bokx
I will do that, thanks.

[snip question about Apache Fop]