Completely file-less app goes kaboom

Robin Berjon-2
Heya y'all,

I found a bug in Ax2 but am unsure as to which is the best way of
fixing it. Basically, if you have an Ax2 server setup that doesn't
use files at all (purely applicative) it will not work. The problem
is due to the fact that in Client.pm at the end of the fixup phase
when xmlresponse is being started an instance of a Processor is
created. However if $hd->filename is undef Procesor's constructor
simply dies.

This is quite annoying. So far I've worked around it by having it not
create a Processor if there's no filename, but I don't think that's
the right fix. Any thoughts as to what the best patch would be? If
the above is unclear I can provide a trivial example.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
[Definition:] Throughout this specification, the term 'absent' is used

Re: Completely file-less app goes kaboom

Matt Sergeant
On 25-Oct-06, at 2:27 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> This is quite annoying. So far I've worked around it by having it
> not create a Processor if there's no filename, but I don't think
> that's the right fix. Any thoughts as to what the best patch would
> be? If the above is unclear I can provide a trivial example.

Please do. It's always easier with an example.