Adding support for continuous integration to Xerces

Adding support for continuous integration to Xerces

Roger Leigh
Hi folks,

I'd be very interested in any thoughts anyone had on this topic.  I've
opened a ticket for it here along with an initial testable
implementation for anyone who wanted to try it out:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC-2098

On the infrastructure side, is there anyone who would be able to enable
this for the Apache GitHub mirror, who has admin privileges for the
GitHub mirror repository?

Thanks all,
Roger

RE: Adding support for continuous integration to Xerces

Cantor, Scott
> I'd be very interested in any thoughts anyone had on this topic.  I've
> opened a ticket for it here along with an initial testable
> implementation for anyone who wanted to try it out:

I'm definitely going to take a look at it for my own projects since we don't have this at present for our native code libraries, but I'll definitely defer to the more long term PMC members on what, if anything, should be done on the ASF side.

-- Scott

On 08/06/17 18:05, Cantor, Scott wrote:
>> I'd be very interested in any thoughts anyone had on this topic.  I've
>> opened a ticket for it here along with an initial testable
>> implementation for anyone who wanted to try it out:
>
> I'm definitely going to take a look at it for my own projects since we don't have this at present for our native code libraries, but I'll definitely defer to the more long term PMC members on what, if anything, should be done on the ASF side.

Looking at the infra component, it looks like other projects were filing
requests here for exactly this, so I've created

for xerces.

Regards,

On 14/06/17 23:29, Roger Leigh wrote:

> On 08/06/17 18:05, Cantor, Scott wrote:
>>> I'd be very interested in any thoughts anyone had on this topic.  I've
>>> opened a ticket for it here along with an initial testable
>>> implementation for anyone who wanted to try it out:
>>
>> I'm definitely going to take a look at it for my own projects since we
>> don't have this at present for our native code libraries, but I'll
>> definitely defer to the more long term PMC members on what, if
>> anything, should be done on the ASF side.
>
> Looking at the infra component, it looks like other projects were filing
> requests here for exactly this, so I've created
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14354

This is now enabled; see for example

   https://github.com/apache/xerces-c/commits/trunk

which links to

https://travis-ci.org/apache/xerces-c/builds/243155901?utm_source=github_status&utm_medium=notification

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/xerces-c/build/1.0.1

(at the time of writing).

These builds will be triggered each time a subversion commit is mirrored
to github, to test the code on the trunk (or whichever branch was updated).

Regards,
Roger