The Xerces-J team is pleased to announce that version 2.7.0 of Xerces-J is
This release provides a complete implementation of the parser related
portions of JAXP 1.3 and also brings Xerces into compliance with SAX
2.0.2, the DOM Level 3 Core and Load/Save W3C Recommendations, the XML
Inclusions (XInclude) Version 1.0 W3C Recommendation and the XML Schema
1.0 Structures and Datatypes Second Edition W3C Recommendations.
Xerces-J 2.7.0 incorporates two minor changes to the Xerces Native
Interface. A new package org.apache.xerces.xs.datatypes has been added to
Xerces' XML Schema API that provides a full schema datatype to object
mapping. In addition, in this release we introduced many new parser
features, improved parser performance in several areas and fixed many
Specifically, the significant changes introduced in this release are:
* Implemented the following packages defined by JAXP 1.3:
javax.xml.datatype, javax.xml.parsers and javax.xml.validation.
* Defined and implemented interfaces (org.apache.xerces.xs.datatypes) for
accessing actual values.
* Implemented a feature that instructs the schema processor to use all
schema location hints for a given target namespace when locating
* Implemented partial experimental support for the first working draft of
XML Schema 1.1 Structures and Datatypes.
* Implemented features for configuring whether the XInclude processor
performs base URI fixup and/or language fixup.
* Implemented the XInclude Recommendation (December 2004).
* Fixed a bug which caused the DTD validator to be activated when using
the XInclude processor with schema validation turned on.
* Modified the XNI XMLLocator interface to include getCharacterOffset and
getXMLVersion. Added a getCharacterOffset method to XMLParseException.
* Made various modifications to support the reporting of character offsets
in XNI and DOM.
* Implemented SAX 2.0.2 and SAX2 Extensions 1.1.
* Fixed SAX conformance bugs including one concerning skipped entities.
* Implemented a feature that allows schema annotations to be validated.
* Added support for generating synthetic annotations when a schema
component has non-schema attributes but no child annotation.
* Fixed numerous schema related bugs.
* Reimplemented Text.replaceWholeText and TypeInfo.isDerivedFrom according
to the DOM Level 3 Core Recommendation.
* Fixed various DOM Level 3 bugs.
* Fixed numerous bugs in the DOM Level 2 Events and Traversal and Range
* Created two new parser configurations that support XML 1.1.
* Improved the performance of the SymbolTable, processing of attribute
values and parsing of relative URIs.
* Added support for EntityResolver2 and LSResourceResolver to
* Fixed a potential memory leak in the ObjectFactory classes which in some
circumstances allowed input streams to never be closed.
* Fixed a thread-safety bug concerning identity constraints which caused
spurious errors about duplicate field matches to be reported.
* Fixed many other bugs.
For more information please visit: http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: [hidden email]
E-mail: [hidden email]
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|