[ANNOUNCEMENT]: XML Commons External 1.2.06 now available
The XML Commons team is pleased to announce that version 1.2.06 of XML Commons External is now available. This is a maintenance release of the JAXP 1.2 APIs which were included in Xerces-J 2.6.2 and earlier.
Specifically, the changes introduced in this release are:
* Fixed a bug in StreamResult where it was not escaping non-ASCII characters in its conversion of a java.io.File object to a system identifier.
* Modified the FactoryFinder and SecuritySupport classes to prevent them from being extended or instantiated.
* Eliminated the creation of temporary Boolean objects in the SecuritySupport classes.
* Eliminated the creation of short lived StringBuffer and String objects in each of the FactoryFinder classes. The debug print method calls were creating instances of StringBuffer and String which were never read.
* Updated each of the JAXP factory classes so that they treat an empty string value for their system property as if it had not been set. Previously the factories would make a futile attempt to create an instance of a class named "" and then fail.
* Fixed the Implementation-Vendor and Implementation-URL entries in the jar manifest.
* Fixed miscellaneous typographical errors in the Javadocs.